Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Londinium


I've been summoned to see someone right at the top of the organization I work for . He's the top guy in the U.K. . His number 1 underling will also be there - this is my boss's,boss's,boss . The one I told their annual get together in January was shit . To his face . Two weeks after I started . How I wish free drink and diplomacy mixed .

So , anyway , invitation to a top London restaurant to hear me give "my frank opinions on the organisation and my experiences over the last six months" . I really hope my boss's boss's,boss has told him what to expect . That's the problem with people like that . They always ask me what I'm thinking even though they know I'm outspoken . Never in a million years does it seem to occur to them that I actually will . Then I get the phone call from my boss telling me that my boss's,boss has been on to my boss's,boss's,boss to ask him what I said . Are you still with this ? So , invariably people start to make apologies for me , or should I say on my behalf .
This is where it gets really painful . Why ? Because now my boss's,boss's,boss's,boss ( the top man , the big kahuna ) who's become my buddy , knows I'll tell him .

I'm not playing the game very well am I ?


Taxi !!

No comments: