Thursday, August 04, 2005

Londinium - the return

Just a quick one ....

Well , there was no fancy restaurant - we ate in the board room ( have I spelt that right ? ) . Views were exchanged and nobody took offence . This wasn't how I'd planned it ! Meal over @ 9 so out to take in the evening air , a Marlboro red and some Guinness .
Down to Covent Garden to mingle with the tourists and then off to Farringdon on the advice of a colleague . No lap dance bars and in bed by 4 .
All very sensible . Not a huge lot happens in London on a Wednesday night , most bars seem to shut early .
Pre-arranged wake-up call @ 7.00 to get up , cleaned and breakfasted . Just 5 more minutes ..... woke up at 8.45 , plane leaves at 9.05 - I thought the flight was 10.30 ish . Even Scotty couldn't have beamed me in on time for that one .
So just when I think it's all going smoothly and I've acquired some wisdom I'm proved wrong .


Time to brush up on the "I was supposed to be on the 9.05 flight , but..." conversation . It always ends with a credit card number .

So much for the corporate freebie .

No comments: