Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Human nature

I'm not sure what it is that makes some people so callous , to set out to inflict pain on others they come into contact with . Especially those whose attentions they have encouraged and sought . That's a special kind of cruelty . The premeditation involved just makes it all the worse . Perhaps when we were young children we caught spiders in the palm of our hand and took delight removing their legs one by one or cut a worm in two . We did this because we didn't know better but we grew out of it very quickly . Some are unable to leave this developmental stage and despite gaining a wealth of knowledge and honing talents their fascination is now attuned to emotional decapitation . Obviously it's Pariah I'm speaking of . He has cultivated his audience through subtle manipulation . At times he's picked fights he realised he shouldn't have or caused offence to someone he values ( though he denies valuing anyone who visits ) and had to backtrack making whatever excuses or apologies were necessary . But something's always been bubbling under the surface . He needs to hurt others , he enjoys it and anyone could be next . I take no joy from watching that . I'm done with pulling legs off spiders . I'm not like him .


I know he'll show no real discomfort from my words , but I know he occasionally visits and will no doubt read them . He'll probably have a well worded rebuke of some sort on his Space and will either do
1. the "whatever" rebuke or
2. the "unload" rebuke or
3. ignore it altogether if he thinks this is the most likely way to cause me offence


If others continue to visit his Space I'll think none the worse of them , this is my choice - I'd feel uncomfortable watching that spectacle any longer . A disingenuous smile and a dagger thrust up through the ribs just doesn't do it for me .

No comments: