Monday, August 29, 2005

engagement

On Saturday night I went to a party at a friend's brother's house . Being a bit of a lad in his day it was a complete surprise to have received the text message earlier in the week from his sister . The big fool had gotten engaged and the party was going to be at his house in the country - a farmyard . Although it sounds a bit naff there couldn't be a better location, perched on a hill overlooking the town we all grew up in . As with previous parties there he'd sorted out food, a barbecue, tower lighting, gas heating and seats for the open ended barn and when I arrived it was in full swing . Part of me was looking forward to it, part not . Let me deal with the "part not" first . Last time I was there I arrived late making a grand entrance in my sexy black TT driving into the courtyard in the darkness with a boot stocked with enough drink and miscellany to guarantee the contentment of a small posse .

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Having drawn everyone's attention I set up my ingredients on the tables acting as bar . White Russians all night reduced me to someone who needed a pep which of course I'd brought along . Some of his more sensible guests caught me hoovering up some when they went to use the bathroom . Unfortunately it was too late to do any good and I ran out of pep before I ran out of white Russians and I got sooo drunk I don't even remember spending the last hour of the night crawling around the courtyard trying to light cigarettes and find my car keys in full view of the audience I drew the attention of on my arrival . At some point of the night I had sex over a car too and chose to take control of the selection of music . What a dickhead . I knew that most of the same crowd would be there on Saturday night .


I was looking forward to seeing my friend . I had only seen her once or twice in the last year as she works away mostly . We'd spent a lot of years getting really good at taking drugs - she was better at it . She has also spent most of her adult life as a non-drinker but with the help of some other friends we had cured her of that , eventually ! Her younger sister was going to be there too - she used to live with me .

On arrival the first person I met was D . (D is a friend of the host's younger sister and a bridesmaid for the betrothed) . She seemed pleased to see me - we have had an occasional dalliance in the past . I'd talk to her later but wanted to catch up with the host who I had seen walking into the house . When I caught up with him he was standing in the kitchen with his fiancée . I'd been out with them the night they first met celebrating D's birthday . Anyway , his fiancée started to introduce herself ( forgetting that we'd already met ) when I interrupted with "you're a very STUPID woman!" . She remembered me now . Two of her friends immediately joined us one of them planting a soft kiss on my lips on her way to the toilet . The host announced that they were carpet munchers . She seemed familiar and I know I've seen her about in some of the city bars I drink in . For the rest of the night she engaged me in eye contact wherever she was and though her partner seldom left her side kept moving to be in my line of view right up until her taxi came . No doubt we'll cross paths again .

D was telling me she'd been to get a fitting for a bridesmaid's dress and was bitching about it . I took the opportunity to remind her about her aborted wedding - she stropped off . Blame it on lesbian lust and illicit eye contact . Anyway she works about 300 yards from where I live and she's such a fantastic kisser !

I pretty much came out of the night with no real negatives bar the hangover . The sound system was powered by an i-Pod all night , I never ended up on the floor and Percy was kept in the pants . During the summer here the nights never get completely dark , there's always a glow in the west and it was fantastic to be in the country and see the clouds silhouetted by the long set sun . Rounded off a great evening .

No comments: