Monday, February 12, 2007

3, 2, 1 ...go

So this is the first post under the new private-ish regime. I took the decision I didn't want people who knew me reading this blog. Well, not personally. You know , in the web sense. So not strangers in the traditional sense, not friends in the conventional sense. That's probably the strangest thing about blogging, that sense that you know or are known but at the same time balanced with anonymity. If you're one of the original invitees however you're here because what you write interests me in some way. So, welcome! Again, that is. To begin with you're very small in number but that might not necessarily stay that way as you'll see below.

There's things I can't say here in case someone from real life or business accidentally stumbles upon it. My stat-counter shows me pages where some have come from and it's all getting a bit too close to home.

Good ol' Blogger gives us "author only" or "invitees only" as the two privacy options. Being the awkward bastard that I am that's not going to be enough. Therefore I'm inventing a third privacy option that you will be complicit in.

If you think someone you know (in the web or personal sense) might be interested in reading this blog then just drop their email addy to tinyworldreview@googlemail.com and I'll send out an invite.

So, in a way it'll be a private blog but growing, not so much virally, nor even mouldily, more Arctic lichen-y.

Option 3 then. Clear as mud?


I'll link to this post in the sidebar for any newcomers there might be and post something more newsworthy later in the week when you've had time to log in and all. In the meantime all my posts have been migrated over from the old Spaces blog (sans comments) and categorised so feel free to leaf through my archives.

9 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Nice gaff, I like it.

I wiped my feet at the door, of course.

Then got the WV from hell: pdqyvbnz

Sarah said...

I brought the chips, dip, and naked women.

badgerdaddy said...

Eeeeeeeexcellent. You mean crisps, right?

Oooh, here's a thought - as this is invite-only, you could turn off WV!

Sultan said...

It is pleasing that ther will be naked women

monty said...

Sarah, thanks. Do you mind if I skip on the chips and dips?
Badgerdaddy, yes. Crisps to you and me. And word verificaton...good point. You'd think I'd have thought of that....
laoch, not a chip/crisp, dip man either I see.

badgerdaddy said...

Only because naked women bring me out in a rash.

monty said...

Badgerdaddy, you're sleeping with the wrong kind of women. Or is the the right kind? Anyway, you can get cream for it.

Sultan said...

Well, everything has its time.

Sarah said...

Laoch, chips and dip not your style, huh? You know, I normally bring chili, but the last time I brought chili AND naked women, the results were....well, not very good.