Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Hard work



There's a bit of a kerfuffle going on at the minute. The Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott has been outed about a recent affair he had. He wasn't sacked by Tony B Liar but a member of the public complained to the police on the grounds that, as a public servant, having a bit of slap and tickle on company time (and in his case at an employer provided office) is an offence. It certainly should be in his case, have you seen the pic? Police are investigating as we speak.

Apparently 20% of U.K. companies have a policy regarding relationships which would mean something like this is grounds for dismissal. It got me to thinking if I'd ever compromised myself in that way and of course I have. I'll stop the clock at 5. No, just remembered ...6. Actually 8, I'm all out at 8. So, I can't really have a go at John. Work hard, that's what I say.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I view such rules as the enemy of productivity. How can a man be expected to work without the joy of scoring with sweet young things in the office? What would one have to live for?

Sweary said...

I hope the poor lady didn't get lodged and lost in the vast crevasses in his face. Or his arse. Oh Jesus.

On a completely unrelated note - LOOK AT THE BABY! Awwwwwwww!

Anonymous said...

Monty this is way off topic but I found another nice extension for both firefox and thunderbird -- it's called auto copy -- it saves the step of doing ctrl C or right click copy:
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/383/

Anonymous said...

The thought of old bulldog showing someone his "O" face is quite kerfuffling.

monty said...

bren, that sounds useful, ta

jock, I can only hope, to spare the lady in question, that she was being table-ended at the time.

monty said...

Melissa, exactly.

loach, and them too.

swearing lady, not a trace has been found of her, and thanks for the Awwww.