Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fly me


Hectic couple of days. Planes, trains and automobiles and several miles of wearying footwork. After less than 3 hours sleep I checked in for a plane trip. I was last on the plane ....again. Not my fault this time though as the Flight Attendant/check-in person decided to invite me to an air hostess (sorry, Flight Attendant) party in a couple of weeks time. Of course I should decline (though I said I'd see if I could make it) but, given my record of normally having the ground crew have to ask the Captain if I can board, it may be a wise move as sooner or later my charm/attitude are going to let me down. And you never know, I may even have to queue less in future. When I turned my mobile on immediately after landing from my return flight it beeped a reminder at me.

Monty! Party sat 3rd june at XXXXXXXXX
. 5 mins from XXXXX airport! Hope 2 c u there. Hollar nxt time u r tvl'n ! Tracy o.

Decisions, decisions.


5 comments:

Sarah said...

Decision? More of a given, eh?

Anonymous said...

I should decline???????

No, this is wrong thinking. Let me help.

The proper response is: "I am looking forward to attending this soiree. I can think of nothing I would rather do. What can I bring to increase your enjoyment of this magnificent event?"

The calendar a nap for that day as you will need it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you sure seem to lead an exciting life, you wild jetsetter you. I'm jealous. I never get invited to airplane parties.

monty said...

Sarah, I will seek council from a friend tomorrow night.

Loach, methinks you've done this before.

Amanda, would you like to go to an airplane party?

monty said...

Jacqui, I couldn't get away. I tried...