Monday, May 22, 2006

The Empire strikes back

We all need a boost once in a while. Does us the world of good. An ego stroke. So Saturday I was supposed to be meeting a friend for a drink. When we arrived at our chosen imbibing emporium, The Spaniard (which is smaller than my living room) he told me that we might be being joined by a girl he met a couple of nights before and her friends who were supposed to be travelling on to see a live band somewhere else. Rock chicks. Well, as sure as constipation follows 2 bowls of All-Bran they turned up not 5 minutes later. Not his type I thought but what do I know and she seemed chatty enough, good fun. One of her mates had more chins than Jabba the Hut and the other ... well, there was something about her. Black shoulder length hair, 5' 4'ish and very smiley. I'm a sucker for smiley. After some persuasion we decided to join them at the Empire. Smiley kept Jabba company and my mate's new "mate" bobbed between him and me and them. Smiley and me kept catching each other looking. She popped herself over beside me at the bar and we chatted (or rather I berated her) at the fact she still lived at home at the age of 25. She mentioned that she spent more time at her boyfriend's house but.... well, she kept getting close. Kissy close. You know that moment when you both realise you're too close to do anything other than kiss, when you feel the electricity, when you feel oblivious to everything else happening around you. That's one of the best feelings anyone can have.

3 comments:

monty said...

Jo!! Tsk, Tsk. *wags finger*

Jacqui, I know. But she never asked and...well, I never got round to telling her...

monty said...

Jacqui, no. Jo is misinformed. But not far off. If the rock chick does find my blog she's welcome to leave a comment.

monty said...

Jo, I was relatively sober. Had I been drunk I would never have recognised the "moment". The young girl, as you call her, was neither bashful, drunk or scared. She was sweet, sexy and confident.
Don't let the bitterness of age cloud your judgement :)