Friday, May 19, 2006

Aduki here, Aduki there, Aduki everywhere.

Having lost 5 lbs so far with little to no adherence to my new healthy diet I know I must "step up". Part of this will be eating more vegetable enzymes (most of which are destroyed by cooking) so that means raw veg. Alongside is my first successful result in sprouting Aduki beans (said to increase their nutrients by 500%!). I plan to include these little buggers in my blended carrot drink (mmmmm) and on salads (along with Raspberry and Rioja balsamic dressing).

Goal is 16lb weight loss by 9th July. 5 down, 11 to go.... Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

aafrica said...

that sounds ... well i'll be supportive, so i'll say yummy.

Mildred Ratched said...

Good luck on your diet. Being diabetic, I struggle with the foods I can and can't eat. Just recently upon finding out that my diabetes is getting worse, I decided I like my feet and organs better than I like sugar.

Sarah said...

Wow. I think the first five are the hardest. After that, at least you have seen some kind of results to help motivate.

Great job, Monty!

We'll be expecting pictures of the newly svelt Monty.

Anonymous said...

Monty, Monty, Monty: switch to light beer and skip the beans. That ought to do it.

monty said...

Now that I've written that here it'll keep the pressure on.
It'll have to be a blended carrot drink for lunch then. Was a bit ...bad over the weekend.