Monday, June 19, 2006

Find me

I'm hardly elusive. But if you did want to find me here's a few tips.


  • I'm the man in the checkout queue behind the old biddy who has waited for three customers to pay before opening her purse and then start counting the exact amount in coppers.
  • I'm the man who excitedly opens up his latest purchase when he gets home only to find something's falling off, it's broken, stained or damaged. Always.
  • I'm the man who phoned you but you couldn't hear me (see above).
  • I'm the man who's just arrived late (everywhere).
  • I'm the man who's just waited 20 minutes at the bar being ignored by the bar staff as walk-ins walk away arms full of drinks and.....
  • when I did eventually get served got half a pint of Guinness spilled on my crotch.
  • I'm the man swearing at the computer.
  • I'm the man who's drunk.

9 comments:

Quindigo said...

So...are you up for a coupla quick hands of poker? Get your cash - I'll be gentle ;)

monty said...

Indigo, do you mind if I just give you all my money now. It'll save time...

Sweary said...

I'm the female version of you.

jnuts said...

I'm the man right behind you. The one who is always overcharged and shortchanged. I wish I was drunk.

monty said...

Swearing Lady, I pity you. Really.

Jock, how do I know you're not?

Sarah said...

I'm so impressed with your posts since you came to blogger, Monty.

kittycatlane said...

Indi says we're having a game of "Strip Poker" and you're invited! Steph

Sultan said...

Good to see that you are feeling optimistic.

monty said...

Sarah, reduce you medication, NOW!

Steph, I never have a private jet to hand when I need one.

Loach, nothing ever changes. That's as optimistic as I can get.