Sunday, April 23, 2006

Talk Talk - I'm not a virgin any more


I signed up an order for Talk Talk today, the package where you get free anytime calls, free 8MB ADSL broadband and free international calls all for the princely sum of £20.99 a month. Without boring you with the sums it'll save me at least £200 a year and change my Lada connection into a Lamborghini. I've never really been happy with my current ISP Tiscali anyway, useless telephone support, the service is always running perfectly according to their website (my arse), DNS problems continually, it took weeks to get my ADSL moved when I moved house etc. etc. but before them I was a net virgin and they had me tied in for another year when they graciously upped me to 512 for no charge. That's up now. Oh, and I hate their website. It's full of little pictures of, (usually) women gasping with what I suppose I'm to believe is a mixture of awe and excitement. I'd prefer to think they've gone giddy through exasperation after spending too long talking to Prakash in Mumbai who's spent 15 minutes confirming their address before eventually telling them it's probably their fault.
The owner of Talk Talk, Charles Dunstone, reckons he'll lose £50 million this year on that deal and I want to make sure I do my part to help. I'm just that sort of guy.

While you're here perhaps you can think of a better reason to explain this woman's expression.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Uni with his partner David Ross. They are both in the UKs top ten richest people. Where did I go wrong?!

monty said...

Lisa, who says you went wrong? I bet they were boring b's, although now of course they're boring super-rich beyond your wildest dreams b's.