Thursday, April 27, 2006

I am what I eat


As part of my quest to eat better and lose flab some purchases have been made. Gillian wanted me to examine my tongue, fingernails, skin and stools. Nails and skin seem ok. Skipped the tongue and went straight for the stools. I suffer from what she has very scientifically called "damp". I could explain via a picture but that would probably have the same effect on you as Stanley Baxter had on me when he boked on my first day of school. I still have the scars. So, thanks to Stanley I've spared you settling instead for a description. Too much acid creating food. Solution = wild blue green algae, psyllium husks and a change of diet. The list of suitable foods seems fine and I hope somewhere she's got a chapter on recipes, partly because there's the added complication of food combining, apparently. I can't eat fruit with a steak. I can't eat carbohydrates and veg. Or is it proteins with veg. Bollocks. To stop me from poisoning myself or turning my arse into a high pressure gas powered muck spreader I've been trying to simplify things by making notes.

Will the aduki beans for the weight loss conflict with the basmati rice and sweet potatoes for the damp? Will the pumpkin seeds ream my ring if I don't chew them 50 times each? And should I get a set of scales to tell me if I'm losing weight or just wear old "thin"clothes and hang around with fat friends?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I live in absolute ignorance of vitamins, and their uses for my body. You see, I'm afraid that I will keep adding more and more vitamins until they all just end up negating eachother.

So, this is good. You let me know how it's working for you and your colon, and report back to us occassionally so that we may become healthier at your expense.

KnackeredKaz said...

Oh I've bought her book too!! But yes, also found it a little confusing as to what to combine with what and what might cancel the other out.

She also talks A LOT about the colon and 'clearing it out' and adding lots of 'roughage' but thing is...following surgery last year, I don't actually HAVE a colon (well, only half of one anyway - Crohn's Disease, don't ask). So anyway...I'm a bit wary of sticking things in there (detox) or eating things that look like crushed tree bark, just in case it interferes with the jiggery pokery the doctors have stuck in there.

So I'd be interested to see how you get on. A lot of what she says makes sense, such as avoiding the red meat and eating more fruit and veg etc etc, very healthy stuff, but it's her focus on the bowel that gets me! Is she a bit obsessed do you think?! Keep us posted!

monty said...

Sarah, cowgirls need vitamins. Fact. The laboratory that is currently my colon says "Hi".

Kaz, welcome. Yes she is a nut. A complete fuckin' headcase. And why is her body so short and twisted when her legs are relatively long?
And apparently we only need half a colon anyway. Or was it half a kidney? Well, one of those.

monty said...

It's not just vit C, it's all the other stuff. Iron, selenium, iodine, magnesium that either help uptake or control various things, EFAs and enzymes.

I'm going to look 10 years younger 10 weeks from now. I'm sure of it! That or 2 stone lighter through being scared shitless.

Anonymous said...

You've never tried the Bud Light Diet, Monty? I lost 6 lbs on it last Monday.