Friday, June 17, 2005

passing the MENSA test - part 3

Are you sitting comfortably ? O.K. . Then I'll continue .....

As I evaluate all the options I notice the smile slide off her face , the corners of her tiny mouth turn down and her eyes begin to well up . She realises all is not as it should be and taking one hand off the key instinctively reaches out towards me ...........

I'm in deep shit . I've got a frightened ( already tired and hungry ) baby about to go into mini-person meltdown , stares from onlookers with the prospects of asking the supermarket staff for something to break into a car with ( THAT won't make them suspicious - " security ! , SECURITY !! " ) and then a broken window imminent .

O.K. Mimi - push the button , darlin' .

Push the button ,darlin' .

Darlin' , push the button !

Not a blink . The first tear overflows from her eye and trickles down her cheek . She sits paralysed by events . My throat gets tighter and drier .

It's O.K. Mimi , press the button with your thumbs . Your thumbs .

She clicks the same blue and white button . LOCK , LOCK , LOCK . This isn't going to work .The black button is stiff . I sometimes have trouble with it myself . Even if get her to push can she push it hard enough .

Press the black bit .

No , the black button . Move your thumbs .

There ! Press that button . Press hard . Press hard , darlin' .

CLUNK .




Thank-you God - I've learned my lesson .


No comments: