Wednesday, June 15, 2005

passing the MENSA test - part 1

O.K. . So I'm picking up my daughter from the child minder and as it's my brother's birthday next day I decide to call into a supermarket and do some well thought out , not-last-minute-at-all , birthday present shopping . Get him a birthday card from his only niece ( who is afraid of him - bogus 70's moustache I think ) and a lottery ticket as a present - you know the score . Having done said shopping and planned dinner I put my daughter in the child seat . My hands are full of bags so she takes the key . I put the bags on the front passenger seat , she sits behind so 2 doors are open . I close the passenger door first then hear a familiar clunk on closing her door - her little face , mouth wide open in a toddler smile , peering out at me as she holds the key in both hands - her little thumbs pressing the middle blue and white button .............

I am sooo fucking stupid .

No comments: