Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Air safety






Do you ever have to/choose to fly? How safe is your plane? Pretty safe? Extremely safe? All those airport checks, shoes off, no liquids on board. Must be fine?

But what if some of the cargo is NEVER checked? What would you think if you discovered it was standard procedure and for a parcel to avoid being security screened all it would have to have would be one of 1,500,000 approved security numbers (for U.S. patrons).

A recent trial exposed this accepted loophole in security when a Fed-Ex employee "sold off" these secret numbers to a drug gang looking to ship drugs avoiding security checks from the U.S. to the U.K..

Re-assuring isn't it. Full story here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Aren't you flying somewhere today, Monty?

Scary shit. I'm going to start wearing a parachute when I fly...which is rare.

The last time was seven years ago.

I'm not kidding.

I am much more comfortable flying in a single engine cessna. My older brother, his best friend, and I used to fly almost every day. No security worries there.