Monday, January 17, 2005

off to the perfect start

ooops ! first proper day working and did it go well ? mmmmm , let me think about that . it started of with a teleconference @ 8.30 except i got into the shower @ 8.25 . so a very quick shower , shave and the rest ( obviously no time for a w ) and i got my earpiece in ( which i couldn't find ) at about 8.34 . joined the assembled telemasses and made my apologies . realised during the teleconf that i had a text message saying the 9.30 apointment was moved forward to 9.00 - shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit . so i wouldn't be making that then . rearranged morning quickly while still on teleconf . had my breakfast and ironed a shirt and got dresssed still on the handsfree ( that was me crunching and russling guys ) . postponed the pee . got to 9.45 and my battery gave out ( which would then give a " .... has left the teleconference " meassage to all the others ) . couldn't rejoin it as had to be somewhere at 10.30 and had to refuel on the way . got in car and got a call saying 10.00 call was not going to happen . went back home to charge phone and get laptop logged on to download work email ( of which there is a shitload - technical term ) . laptop would not connect . spent 2 hrs on to I.T. and came to the conclusion one of us was an idiot . still unresolved . mobile battery flat again . went to a call @ 12.15 - moved forward from 1.00 . productive , except i got a call from the car dealership telling me the new car , due in today , has missed the boat and was likely to miss the boat tomorrow and the next day ( how can they see the future better than mystic meg or russell grant ? ) . still , it should be ready for me by friday when i get home again from my travels . went home again and chased my dialing problem with the head I.T. honcho . good use of time . got a temporary work around sorted which involved me connecting the laptop to my home network wireless router , but using a LAN cable .( don't worry if you didn't understand that bit ) . day over . hadn't time to make my apologies to my boss for getting cut off in the morning and didn't pick up a formal suit for the dinner on wednesday ( i fly out 7.00 am wednesday morning ! ) . so , it can only get better tomorow ? - except i have to be in the city in the morning and the snow is lying already tonight and i'm supposed to be waiting in the house all day for the office equipment to be delivered . now where's that time management book again ?

No comments: