Thursday, April 05, 2007

£s and lbs


A change of job last October and some better application has seen me earn a few pounds bonus this quarter. Should get it in my pay this month so I've already made a list of things I need or want. It starts off with a new suit (or two) and finishes off with a bike, camera lens and hard drive camcorder. Obviously, although at the top of the list, the suit will be bought last, if at all.

On the subject of pounds, I've resisted fast food for a few days. Unfortunately for the previous 14 weeks I stuffed my fat face and am a fine figure of a man if your definition of such is the view at a fairground hall of mirrors. My new year goal of losing 2 stone (28lbs) by the end June is looking unrealistic. Actually getting back to 11 stone any time is probably unrealistic. But that's why the token bike is on the list. It will at least help assuage my guilt and take up the last morsel of free space in the garage thereby making it a complete no-go zone. Win, win.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You should see how well my treadmill holds coats. The summer's coming- more walking, more outdoor stuff, we'll get back to fighting weight....that is, if we can see past the hot dogs.

Clever title, as always, Monty.

I'm anxious to see some more pics with some *shiny new equipment*!

monty said...

It's been wet and dark here all winter....or damp and cold. Only been taking pics inside of Mini-me, When I look back at what I've photographed I realise there's 9 pics of her to every 1 pic of anything else.

badgerdaddy said...

I'd like to get down to 14 stone, I think that would be my ideal running weight... I'm not basing that on anything at all though, it's just a guess.

Sounds terrible when you say it out loud, doesn't it? 5' 6" tall and around 15st 12lbs...

Let us never bring up the subject of weight again.

kittycatlane said...

I'm with Badger. Let us never speak of the dreaded "D" (diet) or "W" (weight) words.

I must say, I take offence to you posting my picture with this post... I didn't even have a chance to shave... sheeeesh!

Now, back to my mantra... "Just more of me to love" "Just more of me to love" "Just more of me....

BIG HUGS, Steph

kittycatlane said...

offense, sorry, I should know by now I should always re-read it first!

monty said...

Weight. Need to get a bike again. Or just do exercise. Or drink water all the time. Or stop eating so much.

Folks, a new goal. 11st 7lbs by July 10th. 7 lbs a month.

junquedujour said...

haha the one-handed typist photo.

btw, as I type this (with both hands), I'm wearing a white teddy, with matching seamed stockings, and garter belt. I hope you are not into spiked heals, I had to give them up years ago due to ingrown toe nails, fungus and calluses ;^)