Thursday, March 23, 2006

A to Z and low cost travel

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Having faffed around this week I have eventually decided to take a trip to see some fiends (friends?) in London this weekend. Of course my cheap flights are long past and the only way I can justify it to myself is by going the cheapest route. This means Luton airport - London's 4th airport. A bus to the train station. A train journey into central London. A Tube (or 2) to Camberwell. And then they have the pleasure of charging me a fee for using my credit card to book it. Piss takers. Now that the so-called low cost airlines dominate short haul flights they're profiteering in every conceivable way. Bastards. For what it will cost me to get there I should expect a fucking concierge service. I mean a
concierge service, although a fucking concierge service would be a good idea too after a journey like that. A one hour flight will turn into about 6 hours travel during most of which I'll have the modern day pleasure of being herded like a goat and being offered overpriced sandwiches you wouldn't eat if you'd made them yourself. Still, there's always the vain hope of the mile high club. Don't hold your breath.

No comments: