Wednesday, February 16, 2005

who calls at your door ?

working from home , as i do now, has it's advantages and disadvantages . one of these i've found was quite unexpected . it seems every day someone calls at my door . perhaps it's just the area i live in, i don't know . i'll give some examples of what i'm talking about of people who have called in the last few days .

1. the swedish student on a gap year selling hand made ( and quite nice too ) cards with inset windows of real wild flowers . she explained she was funding a gap year by doing this . stupidly i didn't invite her in . she was unusual for a swede in that she had long very dark brown hair . bearing in mind how long i've been without carnal company i should've at least made her a cup of warm tea and suggested a quicker route to her next destination but my morals got the better of me and i didn't let her over the doorstep .

2. the betterware catalogue man . he was back to collect his catalogue which he'd posted through my letter box a few days before . he wasn't too happy that i'd chucked it . my view on uninvited mail is that it goes in the bin . am i wrong in this ?

3. the couple , a fat 30 something man and an 80 something woman who came round to ask me if i was concerned about what was happening to the global environment and the way energy resources were running out . like the swedish gap year hooker this one caught me out because what they gave me was a booklet with scriptures from the bible stating what god was going to do about it . you've got to admire their unique approach . we had a brief discussion and a bit of craic during which the nice old woman asked my age and how young i looked ( i'm a sucker for that kind of dirty talk ) .

i realised after they left that i was standing there with my flies unbuttoned . nobody seemed to mind . so there you are , is this all normal or am i a weirdo magnet ? or.... am I the wierdo ?




No comments: