Friday, May 18, 2007

Planets in alignment

I need to make this short. Business meeting in Edinburgh yesterday culminating in dinner in a glass boardroom on top of building directly overlooking Edinburgh Castle. Mojitos and Bisongrass followed in Tiger Lily chased by deep fried Mars bar. Back to Malmaison for a drink (or two) and bed at 2.30am.

5.20am, my alarm call to get up to catch an early flight home accompanied by my boss to spend the day doing joint meetings with him. Can you see where things might start to wrong?

It's now 5.45pm. At 7.30 I have to be at a hotel for a formal dress industry dinner (which turns into a complete piss up) and act as host to 7 guests ( 4 of which are women) including my boss.

3 hours sleep, copious amount of drink, ladies in pretty dresses and my boss. I'm fucked, aren't I?

5 comments:

badgerdaddy said...

Basically, yes.

junquedujour said...

goooooooooooooooood morning!

by now you are (hopefully) all rested and ready to start all over again. Doing 'garitas and texas hold 'em at 4 here -- see you then ;)

Sultan said...

I really liked Edinburgh although when I was there (1984) I had trouble just finding a decent place to get some grub. Mojitos seem unimaginable. I guess time changes all things.

Sarah said...

Don't say it like it's such a bad thing, Monty.

I can't wait for the next installment. I'm praying for pictures.

monty said...

Badgerdaddy, drink in , wit out.

junque, recoverd. Long Saturday though. Finished drinking at 5.20am.

laoch, Edinburgh has plenty of fine eateries now, quite cosmopolitan in fact.

Sarah, no pictures. Last memory was of a girl with large breasts in a strapless dress playing Oasis tracks on a grand piano while I hugged a glass of Pinot Noir.