Saturday, November 19, 2005

small talk


Can I be lazy and make the first proper entry upon my return one taken from the mouths of babes (or babe - singular) ?

Last Friday in an effort to overcome my daughter's fear of getting her hair wet I thought I'd be extra adult clever and con her into washing my hair while I soaked in the bath. She's not yet 2 in case you're on the phone to Social Services. Anyway, she's quite a talkative little bugger and pointed at my chest and said "boobie". I was fuckin' horrified !
"No, that's not a boobie, that's daddy's chest".
She looked again quizzically .
"Not boobie ?"
"No !"
"Mummy has boobie?"
"Yes"

Tonight - phase 2 . Plan is to wash my hair and this time get her to do it from inside the bath and if I'm really lucky she'll want some reciprocal hair washing action . Mini-me pointing at my chest with quizzical look ....
"Not boobie ?"
"No, not boobie !"
Still the quizzical look .


Time for a diet folks . Fuckin' midget !

No comments: