Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Will it rain , will it pour ?

Fiddling with Firefox today I contacted the Arkansas Oracle , juncquedujour , whereupon I was made aware of a Firefox add-on ( they call them extensions ) named Forecastfox .
Now , there are no prizes for guessing what this does but suffice to say it sits discretely in your browser and lets you know whether to iron your shorts soon or bring the washing in .
I've added it to the Firefox list down the page .

I've been experiencing some problems with Firefox lately , but predominantly on MSN pages . Updates from 1.04 to 1.05 to 1.06 didn't solve it . The versions immediately before 1.06 disabled some of the functionality of some of the extensions due to a security patch (I was using 20 and most were not verified as being compatible) so I backed up my profile , went through a diagnostic and finished up re-installing 1.06 from scratch which was painless . All my settings and bookmarks are still there . Seems to be a lot faster now , but obviously I couldn't leave it there , what with it working O.K. and all that so , at the risk of breaking it again tweaked some settings which should render pages faster - link also in the list .

It's going to be a roaster for me tomorow folks - 17 degrees - already stocked up with the factor 60 .

No comments: