Tuesday, June 05, 2007

a short weight

Two routers later and I "might" have solved my connection problem. Some niggles, nothing serious. About 1.5 to 2 Mbps on the XP desktop and a mighty 4.5 to 5.5 Mbps on the Ubuntu Linux laptop.

Back to the point. These numbers are important. I am a 5'7" ish giant who weighs 82.4 Kg, 181.5 lbs or 12st 13lbs depending on where in the world you hail from. My intention in January was to lose 1lb a week for 26 weeks to be 11st (154lbs) by holiday time. Unfortunately this was unlikely to happen as I chose to do nothing that would lead to weight loss (unless you consider eating until I'm bloated/fridge empty/nauseous as being helpful). Seeing as I booked flights today for a holiday in 5 weeks time I think even 14 lbs would be pushing it but I'm all ears for techniques involving anything other than starvation or amputation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm working towards liposuction myself -- with no smokes, I have no willpower, so cosmetic surgery is my weapon of choice

Sarah said...

I quit smoking and put some pounds on too. So now I don't buy anything tasty at the store. No chips, cookies, nothing. I limit drinks to the weekend (sob), and eat lots of low-sugar oatmeal, fruits, coffee, turkey, and salad.

Or, I could send you a fork that I licked so that you can get the bowel-cleansing death disease.

I feel your pain.

monty said...

Junque, lipo, not for me, ta.

Sarah, you're far too good, you are. Fork off with the septic cutlery.
I have some viral thing, throat, head, temperature, no cough, or runny nose. That should do nicely.