Saturday, July 01, 2006

So hungry I could kill

Hotels. Hate them. Or at least the last one I stayed in. Two nights in a row they couldn't take me for dinner when I needed fed and the head waitress seemed to smirk gleefully when telling me. I'll have her, down one of the back corridors. Quick twist of the neck from behind. Two crunches and she's a floppy doll. She'll never see it coming. And then on the second night when I did eventually get seated I was on my main course and still no sign of the wine so they gave me a full bottle. I had death in my eyes and they chose wisely. Gave me a bottle of Chilean red. House of the Devil was the literal translation of the label. I'd agree. Bloody dinner had obviously not been made fresh but had been reheated in an oven or microwave. More neck cricking to be done in that establishment I fear.

Got to keep moving. Very busy trying to get some work done before my hols. Plenty of stuff needed on the personal front too. Must make a list. Must get stuff on the list. Arrange holiday parking. Arrange airport transfers. Must start to pack.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be more relaxing to just stay home

and drink lotsa margaritas
and smoke dope
and do the dirty on the front porch

in daylight

you know - just a slight variance from the ordinary
or perhaps not ???

Sweary said...

But no washing up, Monty. NO WASHING UP!

monty said...

anonymous, are you propositioning me. I know who you are! Margaritas indeed.

Swearing Lady, that's why God invented dishwashers.... or Mr Hotpoint.

badgerdaddy said...

Oooh - Cassilero del Diablo, is that the label? Their Carmenere is sensational, my favourite wine in fact!

Just popping on to let you know my blog is no more.

Turns out, half of Bungay is talking about the fucking thing. So it's gone... Though heat will inevitably follow. Ho hum.

Let you know if I return in another guise... of course, I can keep commenting in this one. So I will.

Cheers fella!

monty said...

Badgerdaddy, sorry to hear that. That's the trouble with the internet. Hard to protect anonymity. In a small town it just takes 1 person to do a search and bingo....

Hope you keep calling round. Let me know if you set up elsewhere.