Monday, October 10, 2005

buy low , sell high


E-bay never ceases to amaze me . If the ad looks fancy and has enough good info on it people will over-bid in a lemming like fashion - guaranteed . Even shit sells .
Whilst cruising E-bay for a couple of things I want I watched some computer memory items . I'm going to have be careful here so that the nerdy geek part doesn't take over . Anyway, a 1GB stick of what I wanted got bid up to £79 (it costs the same if you buy direct from the memory experts Crucial and you won't have any problems with warranties) when a higher specification 1GB stick is on sale for £39 delivered in a buy it now auction . Have you worked out which one I bought yet ? As for selling - when I do the upgrade I'll have 2 second hand 256 MB sticks . Guess what ? Yeah, it seems with a good enough ad I'll get more for my second hand sticks than they can be bought for new .

Thank God for stupid people .

No comments: